The coronavirus pandemic has sent a lot of people online and working from home I have personally taken advantage of this situation and learned some few skills from online courses that really helped me to grow my business, they say ‘if life gives you lemon make a lemonade’ hence we have to get the best out of this pandemic and grow ourselves.
Ther are some companies out there that offer online courses, for example, Udacity, Skillshare and Udemy I can’t say which one is better than the other since they all offer amazing courses but in this article, i am going to talk about Skillshare and Udacity.
They have thousands of classes in many different categories, as shown below.
And with their Premium Membership you get unlimited access to all of them, so you can join the classes and communities that are just right for you, to help you keep learning and thriving.
The best part is that it is incredibly affordable—especially when compared to pricey in-person classes and workshops.
I encourage you to sign up to the trial, take the time to do a few classes (at least one!) and learn something new each week. The classes are generally no longer than an hour.
There are no commitments and you can cancel at anytime. After the 2 weeks, premium plans start at $10/m.
Top Skillshare Courses of 2020
The top Skillshare courses from 2020 are broken down into these categories:
- Graphic Design, Logos & Branding
- UI/UX Design
- Creative Writing
- Fine Art
- Film & Video
- Freelance & Entrepreneurship
- Web Development
Graphic Design, Logos & Branding
- Logotype Masterclass with Jessica Hische
- Design Like Draplin: 21 Tips for Speeding Up Your Design Workflow with Aaron Draplin
- Logo Design with Grids: Timeless Style from Simple Shapes with George Bakhua
- Designing Brand Symbols with Sagi Haviv
- Beyond a Logo: Design an Overarching Brand Identity System with Ilya Lobanov
- iPhone Filmmaking
- Street Photography
- Fundamentals of DSLR Photography
- Fundamentals of Photo Editing
- Documentary Photography: Capturing Places and People
- Illustrated Lettering: Drawing Intricate Floral Forms with Gemma O’Brien
- Digital Illustration: Learn to Use Procreate with Jarom Vogel
- Graphic Illustration: Boldly Design with Color and Shape with Olimpia Zagnoli
- Intro to UX: Fundamentals of Usability
- Digital Product Design: Create a Compelling UX Portfolio | Learn with Figma
- Digital Design: Creating Design Systems for Easier, Better & Faster Design
- Creative Nonfiction: Write Truth with Style
- Storytelling 101: Character, Conflict, Context & Craft
- Writing Character-Driven Short Stories
- Simple Character Animation: Create a Walk Cycle with Duik
- Animating With Ease in After Effects
- How to Make an Animated YouTube Video
- Botanical Illustration: Paint a Colorful Garden with Watercolor and Gouache
- Watercolor Illustration: Developing a Wedding Brand Suite
- Ink Drawing Techniques: Brush, Nib, and Pen Style
- Learn How to Mix Music with Young Guru
- Inside the Studio: How Music Producers Collaborate with Artists
- Remixing Dance Music: Digital Production Basics
- Choose Must: 10 Hands-On Exercises to Find and Pursue Your Passion
- Drawing as Self Discovery: 5 Ways to Start
- Sketchbook Illustration for All: Draw Your Day with Watercolor & Pen
Film & Video
- Video on a Budget
- Create a Short Documentary Video Portrait
- DIY Cinematography: Make Your Video Look Like a Movie
- Low Budget Filmmaking — Tips and Tricks for an Indie Look
- Personal Branding: Crafting Your Social Media Presence
- YouTube Success: Build an Authentic Channel That’s Worth the Follow
- Storytelling for Leaders: How to Craft Stories That Matter
- Introduction to SEO: Tactics and Strategy for Entrepreneurs
- Productivity Masterclass: Create a Custom System that Works
- The Perfect 100 Day Project: Your Guide to Explosive Creative Growth
- Productivity Habits That Stick: Using Time Theming
Freelance & Entrepreneurship
- Presentation Essentials: How to Share Ideas That Inspire Action
- Pricing Your Work: How to Value Your Work as a Freelancer
- Be Your Own Boss: Strategies for Launching Your Creative Career
- Personal Branding Essentials: Making the Most of Squarespace
- Hand-Coding Your First Website: HTML and CSS Basics
- Creative Coding: Animating SVG with Simple CSS Code
Skillshare two weeks trial.
Sign up for a two weeks trial from skillshare today and learn what you never knew.
- Two weeks free trial
- Cancell anytime
Best platform for e-learning.